Top (best) Metal albums of 2017 by rockandMetalNewz
Top albums of 2017
30. Goat whore - Vengeful Ascension (Vengeful Ascension, Mankind Will Have no Mercy) growls/melody
29. Demon Hunter – Outlive (Died in my Sleep, Cold Winter Sun)
28. Shrapnel – Raised on Decay (Pariah, Complete Resection)
27. Fit For An Autopsy – The Great Collapse (Heads Will Hang, Black Mammoth, Iron Moon)
26. Cavalera Conspiracy – Psychosis (Insane and Spectral War)
25. Iced Earth – Incorruptible (Great Heathen Army, Raven Wing, Seven Headed Whore)
24. The Faceless – In Becoming A Ghost (Digging The Grave, I Am and Instru(mental) Illness)
23. Body Count – Bloodlust (Civil War – Dave, Walk With Me – Randy, All Love is Lost – Max)
22. Infernal Majesty – No God (Enter The World of the Undead, In God You Trust)
21. Mors Principium Est – Embers of A Dying World (Reclaim the Sun)
20. Overkill – The Grinding Wheel (Mean Green Killing Machine, Our Finest Hour, Goddam Trouble)
19. SOEN – Lykaia (Martin Lopez former Opeth) (Tool/Opeth sounding) (Sectarian, Lucidity)
18. Shadow of Intent – Reclaimer (The Heretic Prevails, The Horror Within) fav. Death core album
17. Havok – Conformicide (songs: Hang Em high, Dogmanical, F.P.C.) bas playing is crazy .. Megadeth
16. Byzantine – The Cicada Tree (songs: Map of the Creator, Trapjaw, Incremental)
15. Paradise Lost – Medusa (The Longest Winter, Blood and Chaos) Type O Negative feel on some songs
14. August Burns Red – Phantom Anthem (Invisible Enemy, The Frost)
13. Pyramaze – Contingent (Land of Information, A World Divided)
12. Enslaved – E (The Rivers Mouth, Sacred Horse)
11. Ex-Deo – The Immortal Wars (The Rise of Hannibal, The Roman)
10. The Dark Element – The Dark Element (My Sweet Mystery, The Dark Element, Dead To Me) feat. former NIGHTWISH vocalist Anette Olzon and Finnish guitarist and songwriter Jani Liimatainen
9. Firewind – Immortals (Ode to Leonidas, Hands of Time, We Defy, Back on the Throne..) surprised, many different elements so diverse, Gus G. from Ozzy on guitar.
8. Mastodon – Emperor of Sand (Sultan’s Curse, Show Yourself, Steam Breather)
7. Power Trip – Nightmare Logic (Executioners Tax, Soul Sacrifice, Waiting Around to Die ..)
6. Arch Enemy – Will to Power (The World is Your, The Eagle Flies Alone, The Race, Blood in the Water, First Day in Hell ..) Allisa has more a diverse voice, evil, clean, Nevermore guitarist Jeff Loomis with Michael Amott .. great guitar tandem..
5. Trivium – The Sin and the Sentence (The Sin and the Sentence, Beyond, Oblivion, The Heart From Your Hate, Betrayer…) new drummer Alex Bent formerly of Battle Cross.. rebirth, could be best album…
4. Hollywood Undead – Five (California Dreaming, Whatever it Takes, Renegade, We Own The Night, Nobody’s Watching ..)
3. Sepultura – Machine Messiah (Phantom Self, I am The Enemy, Machine Messiah, Resistant Parasites) best album with Derrick Green on vocals .. violins, synth, … diverse..
2. Ev0lution – Up Rise (Fallout - CJ from Thy Art is Murder, and Dickie Allen from Infant Annihilator - The Greada Treaty, feat. Adam vocalist of Oceano, - Unhallowed feat, Ben from Shadow of Intent and Colton of Angelmaker, Horror on Park Ave. feat. Dan Watson from Enterprise Earth, Devin Barrus from In Motive .. and more… EMMURE/Algorhythm/Traitors and more members..
1. KREATOR – Gods of Violence (World War Now, Satan is Real, Totalitarian Terror, Fallen Brother, Hail To The Hoards… ) everything a heavy thrash.. metal album needs solid … amazing … mille at his best…!