Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Honey and olive oil are both incredibly healthy natural ingredients, with both offering unique health properties and health benefits. When the two are combined and consumed together, this enhances many of the health benefits they can provide while promoting our overall health. When consuming both, try to use raw, organic honey and extra virgin olive oil if possible, as these will provide the best results and are most pure. As well, a little bit of both ingredients goes a long way, so you won’t have to eat this mixture in large quantities. One teaspoon to one tablespoon if often recommended. Lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits eating honey and olive oil will provide.
1. First, consuming honey mixed with olive oil can help to promote our overall heart health. Both honey and olive oil are known for reducing inflammation through out the entire body, which makes both ingredients a natural cardiovascular system protector. Studies have demonstrated that extra virgin olive oil is especially beneficial for our heart health a number of different ways. Since olive oil is packed with heart healthy monounsaturated fats, it can help to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol while raising “good” HDL cholesterol in the body. It can also lower unwanted triglycerides in the body, which may lead to cardiovascular disease. Both honey and olive oil contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, which are anti-inflammatory and can help reduce the risk of heart disease and other diseases.
2. When these two ingredients are consumed together, the mixture can be especially beneficial for those individuals suffering with or who are at risk of diabetes. Raw honey is known as a diabetes aid and can help reduce the risk of developing the disease. It can help with proper blood sugar management. As well, honey has been shown to benefit plasma glucose levels while also decreasing hyperglycemia. The fatty acids found in olive oil can also specifically help to treat and prevent diabetes. They can influence glucose metabolism by working to alter cell membrane function, insulin singling and enzyme activity. Also, Monounsaturated fats in olive oil can have beneficial effects on insulin sensitivity and can help reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
3. Consuming honey and olive oil can also promote healing. In fact, honey has been found to specifically help treat and heal small wounds and ulcers and has even been infused in some bandages to aid healing. This is often linked to honey’s natural antibacterial, anti-fungal and healing effects. This makes it tough for bacteria to thrive and further promotes the healing process. Studies have also demonstrated honey’s ability to help treat different kinds of ulcers and can help to reduce the pain and size of this skin problem. Olive oil is also a natural healer due to its tremendous amount of antioxidants. It is one of the highest antioxidant foods there is, and can help prevent different diseases and may even provide cancer benefits.
4. This mixture can also help with weight loss a number of different ways. When both are consumed together, it can also help with preventing weight gain. Olive oil is packed with healthy fats that are beneficial in this regard. By consuming olive oil, these healthy monounsaturated fats can help with controlling excess insulin. Insulin is a hormone that controls blood sugar, and can often lead to cravings or feelings of wanting to eat more. As well, these fats are not just healthy, but also satiating can can help to keep us feeling full longer, reducing cravings or snacking during the day. Honey is also great for weight loss due to its potent anti-oxidants and sweet taste which won’t raise insulin levels like other sugars will.
5. Lastly, consuming honey and olive oil in the mornings will help with boosting energy levels naturally. Honey is well known as a natural energy source due to its natural sugars, vitamins, minerals and protein content. Also, honey is easily absorbed by our bodies and is a great energy source in the form of liver glycogen. This makes it especially great in the mornings as a morning start up. Olive oil is also great for energy since it contains many healthy nutrients and works to help balance our hormones due to these nutrients and healthy fats.
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.