1. CLOSED SESSION – 1:00 p.m. (To Commence at 3:00 p.m.)
a. Conference with real property negotiators: Property locations – 233 N. Maryland Avenue, City Parking Lot No. 3; 303 N. Maryland Avenue, City Parking Lot No. 2.
Negotiating parties: (1) Adept Development; (2) IHG InterContinental Hotels Group, (3) Montage Films, LLC, (4) Kam Sang Company, Inc., and (5) Brand Boulevard Associates, LP. Agency negotiators attending the closed session are:
Yasmin Beers, Roubik Golanian, Mike Garcia, Gillian van Muyden, Philip Lanzafame, Darlene Sanchez and Jennifer Hiramoto. Instructions to the negotiator(s) will concern the price and terms for the sale or lease of property.
b. Conference with real property negotiators: Property location - 106-116, 128, 130-134, 136 S. Glendale Avenue, 138-144 S. Glendale Avenue, and 636 E. Harvard St. Negotiating Parties: Colonial Group LLC. Agency negotiators attending the closed session are: Yasmin Beers, Roubik Golanian, Mike Garcia, Gillian van Muyden, Philip Lanzafame, Onnig Bulanikian, Peter Zovak, Mike Fortney, Darlene Sanchez and Jennifer Hiramoto. Instructions to the negotiator(s) will concern the price and terms for acquisition(s) of property.
c. Conference with Legal Counsel – Pending Litigation: F.E. & M. Inc. v. City of Glendale, L.A.S.C No. BC 169892.
4. CONSENT ITEMS (Including Minutes)
a. Minutes of the Joint City Council and Successor Agency Meeting of May 8, 2018 and Regular City Council Meetings of October 16, 2018 and October 23, 2018
b. General Manager of Glendale Water and Power, re: The Western Pump Station Electrical and Mechanical Improvements Project, Specification No. 3771 and Plan No. 6866-E
1. Motion Authorizing the City Manager to Enter Into and Execute a Contract with Cora Construction, Inc. in the Amount of $1,132,500 Plus a 15% Contingency
c. General Manager of Glendale Water and Power, re: Amendment to the City’s Existing Purchase Order Contract with McAvoy & Markham Engineering & Sales to Add Additional Funds for the Purchase of Various Electric Meters, Related Components, Off-Site Repair Services and Delivery
1. Motion Authorizing the City Manager to Enter Into and Execute an Amendment to the Existing Purchase Order Contract No. 2730 to Add $150,000 Per Year for the Remaining Two Years of the Existing Contract, for a New Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,050,000
d. Chief Information Officer and City Treasurer, re: Professional Services Agreement (PSA) for Consulting Services Related to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and Compliance
1. Motion Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a PSA with Merchant Preservation Services, LLC dba CampusGuard in the Amount of $240,000 Over a 2-Year Term with Three One-Year Extension Options at $120,000 Per Year
2. Resolution Appropriating $240,000
e. Chief Information Officer, re: Extension of Lease Agreement with Crown Castle MU, LLC
1. Motion Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Five Year Extension of the Lease Agreement in the Amount of $202,583 for the Use of a Radio Site on Mount Lukens for the City’s Radio System Coverage in the Northern Regions of the Community
8. ACTION ITEMS
a. City Manager, re: Legislative Update: Wrap Up
1. Motion to Note and File Report
b. Interim Fire Chief, re: Executing Promissory Notes with the City of Alhambra, the City of Burbank, and the Hollywood Burbank Airport, Amending a Professional Services Agreement (PSA) with Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation, and Executing an Agreement with US Digital Designs Inc.
1. Promissory Note with the City of Alhambra
2. Promissory Note with the City of Burbank
3. Promissory Note with the Hollywood Burbank Airport
4. Motion Amending the Current PSA between City of Glendale and Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation to Provide a New Computer Aided Dispatch Interface to the US Digital Designs Fire Station Alerting System
5. Motion Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement with US Digital Designs Inc. for an Amount Not-to-Exceed $54,205, and thereafter, Authorizing the Purchasing Administrator to Issue for a Purchase Order for the Life of the Equipment
6. Resolution Appropriating $48,912
c. Public Works and Police Chief, re: Sole Source Procurement of an Armored Vehicle for the Glendale Police Department
1. Motion Authorizing the Purchasing Administrator to Purchase a Lenco Bearcat MedEvac Armored Law Enforcement Vehicle from Lenco Industries, Inc.
2. Resolution Appropriating $35,000
d. General Manager of Glendale Water and Power, re: Unit No. 9 Automatic Generator Control (AGC) and Controls Replacement for a General Electric (GE) LM6000 Gas Turbine at the Grayson Power Plant (GPP)
1. Resolution Dispensing with Competitive Bidding and Authorizing the General Manager of Glendale Water & Power to Issue a Request for Proposals
a. 520 North Central Avenue – Variance for a Ground Level Parking Garage; Combined Stage I and II Design Review; and Instrument Imposing Covenants on Real Property