Santorini is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece's mainland. The island is the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in recorded history: the Minoan eruption (sometimes called the Thera eruption), which occurred some 3,600 years ago at the height of the Minoan civilization. The eruption left a large caldera surrounded by volcanic ash deposits hundreds of metres deep and may have led indirectly to the collapse of the Minoan civilization on the island of Crete, 110 km (68 mi) to the south, through a gigantic tsunami. Another popular theory holds that the Thera eruption is the source of the legend of Atlantis.
The best hotels in Santorini:
- Absolute Bliss. Exclusively stylish and romantic, Absolute Bliss is placed on the highest point of the black volcanic rock of Santorini, with breathtaking Caldera views.Colourful sunsets and wonderful caldera views are complemented by generous Greek hospitality, private verandas and the simplicity of traditional Aegean architecture.
- Ambition Suites. Each with a private outdoor hot tub, Ambition Suites is located in the scenic village of Oia offering straight Caldera and sea views. Facilities include free WiFi and transfers from Santorini Airport and the port.
- Andronis Boutique Hotel. It is set in the quiet town of Oia, 4 km from Paradisos Beach. The spectacular views over the Caldera are coupled with facilities such as the hotel spa, swimming pool, organic restaurant and personalized services.
- Anteliz Suites. Lying at the edge of the hillside of Fira, Anteliz Suites features an outdoor swimming pool with an open-air hydromassage tub. Its air-conditioned rooms feature a free plasma TV and free Wi-Fi access. Breakfast is served daily at the sun terrace by the pool.
- Filotera Suites. Offering an outdoor pool and a hot tub, the traditionally built Filotera Suites are in Oia Village. They feature elegantly decorated accommodation with views of the Aegean Sea and the caldera. Facilities include a restaurant.
- Maregio Suites. Located in the scenic village of Oía, just steps from Oia Castle, Maregio Suites offers suites with private plunge pools and hot tub. Blending traditional Cycladic decoration with modern minimalistic touches, each suite boasts unobstructed Caldera views.
Subsribe on Happy Traveler - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB7ViK_fZPd3-3XzIgQKWYg?sub_confirmation=1